I’ve been catching up on stuff from GamesCom
And this is what I’ve found most interesting:
- Skyrim Interview - the revamped crafting / cooking / potions system sounds incredibly interesting, something that could add a whole new dynamic to The Elder Scrolls.
- Battlefield 3’s co-op - I think this has definitely swayed my decision to get this game on Xbox. Even though the number of players in Conquest is throttled on consoles, playing co-op on Xbox Live is a far nicer experience than on PC. Still, time will tell… I could change my mind. I’m looking to recapture that BF1942 / BF2 feeling, and perhaps I can only manage that by playing on PC. The whole BF3 keynote is pretty good, by the way.
- The Secret World now has a (fairly) concrete release date! April 2012. I’m pleased with this news, as I was beginning to wonder whether they would actually wait until the ‘Dark Days Are Coming’ countdown had finished (on Dec. 21 2012) before releasing the game. Also announced: Warzones - persistent PvP battlegrounds for 100+ players, drop-in, drop-out. Still no news on my beta access that I got 9 months ago yet though, and I’m a bit miffed that beta registration opens for everyone else on August 26th. Seems Anarchy Online players get screwed again.
- ArmA 3 - I have played ArmA 2 to death, and ArmA 3 looks like it’s only going to improve on this.
- And of course, there’s lots of stuff on Halo: Anniversary. Although not so much stuff to write about it - I know exactly what the game will be like, because I, like everyone else who hasn’t been living under a rock for the past decade, have played the original Halo. To death.